2020 Vision Casting: Our Kids Part 1
Over the next few weeks we want to do some vision casting for 2020 and beyond for all of the different aspects of All Things New. We already have some exciting news in the area of job creation that we will share in a few days. To start with, however, we want to vision cast for our kids for this year. As you know, 2019 was tough, but we believe and hope that 2020 will be as great as 2019 was difficult! There is something exciting that we have not shared yet because we did not want to get too far ahead of ourselves:
Our Kids Started School Last Week!
When we develop a vision for our kids, we do so on every level. We want them to grow spiritually, emotionally, physically, and educationally. The start of school is a huge thing for every aspect of our kids’ lives and we were very excited that it happened. Here are some things that we are praying for and working towards in 2020:
- We want our kids to get more involved in their church and to baptize those who have not yet been.
- We want our kids to continue to move forward in school. Even though some of them are older, we believe that many of them can graduate.
- We want some of our kids to move forward with speaking english. We have a tutoring company that has agreed to give lessons to some of our kids, and we are excited about the opportunity.
- We are in the beginning stages of a transitional plan for our older kids. It has been in our thoughts for a long time, and we now have a team of people trying to make the best decision moving forward for our oldest kids.
- We will sit down with each kid again in 2020 to go back over the plans that we began last year. This is a time for them to dream and for us to figure out how to help them.
- We want our kids to understand what it means to reach out to and help others. One of the things that is very difficult to do when you are completely focused on meeting your basic needs is to notice the needs of others.
- The job creation ideas that we will discuss in a later blog are primarily in place so that our kids will be able to work when they are finished with school.
The bottom line is that we want our kids to be happy, healthy, loved, taken care of, and we want them to understand that we are committed to more than getting them to age 18 and kicking them out. Our passion and our desire is for our kids to become the adults they were created be, and that is the main vision we have for them. Thank you for all that you do to help reach this goal.