A Call To Prayer
If you missed our last blog, click here to read "When Everything Is Political"
My purpose for this post is to ask for prayer from our supporters for Haiti. I was talking to a friend who lives in LaGrange a couple of days ago, and he said, "We just need to get everyone praying together for Haiti." Nothing truer could have been spoken at that moment. Sometimes, when you are in the middle of something, it is hard to see the simple things, and I appreciate this call to prayer from a friend.
Please join us in prayer for our kids, employees, and for the nation of Haiti. We need more than just a 2 second prayer when you read this post, but we need people who will commit to pray through this difficult season along with us...Please consider praying daily! Revivals have started with much less than 100s of people praying together for a specific thing.
Here are 5 things to pray about:
- That our kids would be able to continue going to school. Schools have been shut down for over a week now, and we are praying that it gets calm enough to reopen.
- That our employees and their families would be safe. When social upheaval like this starts, vandalism and kidnapping do as well.
- That our kids would be smart and stay safe. It is very difficult to tell a bunch of teenagers to stay around their home indefinitely.
- That new elections would happen and that the government of Haiti would begin operating again rather than a President ruling by decree.
- That a new and Godly leader would be found for the country.
If you want to learn a little more about what is going on, here are some articles that have been written recently. Just like in America, it is hard to tell what is true and fake, but you can get a sense of what is happening.
- VOA News (one of my favorite quotes of all time is by President Moise when he says, "I am not a dictator." There are very few people who have to make that quote about themselves in their lifetime)
- BBC News