Giving Tuesday 2023!
In last week's blog, we mentioned the importance of Giving Tuesday for All Things New in 2023. We are coming to the end of what has been an eventful and difficult year for All Things New in many ways. Here are some of the things that have happened already this year:
- All Things New has added 2 new girls to our ministry along with another student who we are trying to help as she stays home with her parents.
- We have had 2 high school graduates! What an incredible accomplishment.
- Our kids have eaten consistent meals and snacks throughout the entire year.
- We have maintained around 30 employees, and their jobs are able to help provide food and schooling for hundreds of friends and family members.
At the same time:
- We have not been able to bring a team down since 2019 because of the unrest in the country.
- The costs of staple goods and supplies has experienced inflation at a rate in Haiti that is so much higher than what has happened here that it is difficult to explain.
- The unrest in Haiti has changed so much in Haiti, and All Things New is one of those things. The plans that we had to try and help our kids to thrive and give our kids a future have been put on hold.
- All of these things have combined to make this one of the toughest financial years in our history.
The bottom line is that we are hoping that everyone who reads our blogs and emails will join us this Giving Tuesday to help make it one of the best ever. Last week we mentioned a couple of ways you could join us, and here they are:
Here are the ways you can help All Things New on Giving Tuesday:
1. Give! This is the obvious answer, but it is incredibly important for us this year as expenses continue to mount and donations continue to drop. Whether you give through Facebook, on our website through our donation processor Kindful, through PayPal, or by sending a check (PO Box 54838, Jacksonville, FL 32245), we want to make this Giving Tuesday our best yet!
2. Create a Facebook Fundraiser! Even without the matching funds, this is one of the best ways to help us raise money and to bring awareness to our organization. If you create a fundraiser and then share it, more people learn about ATN and have the opportunity to give. If you are planning on giving, doing so on your Facebook fundraiser is also a way to be the example for your friends/family and maybe they will follow suit. To create a fundraiser, follow these steps:
- Click this link: https://www.facebook.com/fund/allthingsneworphanage/
- Follow the instructions on the left side of the page by setting a reasonable goal and letting people know about All Things New.
- Make sure that the fundraiser is active through at least November 29 (the day after)!
- Click "create" at the bottom of the page.
- This is Important: Click the "Share" button and make sure you let all of your friends and family know about Giving Tuesday. Share as often as you want, but especially on Monday the 27th and Tuesday the 28th...Invite your friends to participate in the fundraiser!