Giving Tuesday: Nov. 30!
As you may remember from our previous blog, Giving Tuesday is coming up quickly and will be in exactly 2 weeks on November 30. As you may also know, the past 2 years have been difficult and the past few months even more so for Haiti, and we need this year's Giving Tuesday to be one our best ever!
This year, Facebook will again be matching all donations beginning at 8:00am eastern time, so...Please do not miss out on this matching funds opportunity!
If you are reading this, we NEED 2 THINGS from each of you:
1. We need you to donate to All Things New on Tuesday Nov. 30 via Facebook as close to 8:00am as possible so that your money can be matched $1-for-$1 by Facebook!
Any amount makes a difference. A donation of $5 could be $10, and it only takes a little to help us out a lot. When you donate, it also shows your friends how important ATN is to you and may encourage them to do the same.
2. We need you to create a Facebook Fundraiser and share it with all of your friends!
After our last blog, many of you wanted a refresher course on how to create a Facebook fundraiser on your personal page, so here it is, and it is easier than ever:
- Click this link: https://www.facebook.com/fund/allthingsneworphanage/
- Follow the instructions on the left side of the page by setting a reasonable goal and letting people know about All Things New.
- Make sure that the fundraiser is active through November 30!
- Click "create" at the bottom of the page.
- This is Important: Click the "Share" button and make sure you let all of your friends and family know about Giving Tuesday. Share as often as you want, but especially on Monday the 29th and Tuesday the 30th.
- Invite your friends to participate in the fundraiser!
Giving Tuesday is the biggest Giving Day of the year worldwide, and it has been a great day for All Things New in the past as well. With your help, we can make this year the best ever! Remember, it is vital that you personally (either on Facebook or in person) invite your friends to take part in this day or we will miss this wonderful opportunity to raise funds for our kids and employees and to tell more people about All Things New!