GOD is Amazing! – 5 Things GOD is Doing in All Things New
There are so many things going on right now that can only be explained by the grace of GOD! Some things that have happened with All Things New recently are just incredible, and there are also some events in our personal lives that GOD is just showing us His love mightily. This post is going to focus on the things that GOD is doing in All Things New right now and most of you probably already know about them. Anyway, here are some highlights of what is happening in our ministry, we really appreciate your support and your prayers more than you will ever know.
- We were on the front page of the Florida Times Union! I put a picture of the paper on the top of this page so you could see just how front and center our story was. We were definitely not expecting it, but it has been a great way for us to advertise and get the word out about our ministry here in Jacksonville. Click Here to see the electronic version of our article.
- The Silent Auction – Our first large-scale fundraiser! March 1 of this year will be the All Things New silent auction. We have a team getting ready for this event even as I type this blog. We already have some great items, but WE DEFINITELY NEED YOUR HELP! Please let us know if you have anything that you could donate to our auction (items, vacation rentals, etc.) or if you have any contacts that could be helpful for us as we plan. We really want this event to be a success and we desperately need your help for that to happen. If you live in Jacksonville (or if you are willing to travel), the event will be on March 1 and will be a dinner along with the ability to bid on each item. Just contact us and let us know if you are interested or if you can help!
- We are getting set for One Spark in Jacksonville in April! We have a great opportunity to get the word out about All Things New even more this coming April at an event called One Spark. One Spark combines crowd funding with creative ideas about new products, services, and ideas and allows the winning organization to both raise funds and get the word out about who they are and what they are doing. Thanks to Dr. Weitzen (an eye doctor here in Jacksonville) we already have a prime location for the event! All we need now is help in getting our booth up and running, and then especially help during the event. More information will be coming later, but click here for more information about One Spark.
- Our Christmas Store is up and running! If you are trying to figure out the perfect gift to give to the person who has everything, we have the solution for you. Check out our “Christmas Store” page on the website and you will see a variety of ways to give Christmas gifts to those you love while at the same time helping All Things New and our children in Haiti.
- Be in Prayer for Matt and Jessica as they will be going full time with All Things New in January! As many of you know, Jess stopped teaching this past year so that she could spend more time focusing on our ministry. Well, as of December 31 of this year, I will be ending my job with RiverTown Church as well and we will both be focusing full time on All Things New. This is both incredible and a little scary. We are trying to get to the point in our ministry where we can take the salary that we need and still be able to do all that we are doing in Haiti, and here is what we need…WE NEED 50 MORE SPONSORS! We will be telling you more about this in the near future, but just so you know, this is our next big push, we need sponsors! Thank you in advance for your prayers as we take this big but necessary step in this ministry.
So, there you have it, our second “top 5” post. I still do not know why this type of post is so good in the blogging world, but I figure I should give it a try anyway. Thanks for all of the support and encouragement that you give Jess and I. I wish we could explain how much it means to us that you support us like you do. This can be a scary thing, to step out in faith and not know what’s going to happen next, but you guys really help us…Thank you. We look forward to doing ministry together for years to come!