Leaving for Haiti
I will be leaving to head back down to Haiti tomorrow after being here in the states for a little over 2 months and it is with very mixed emotions that I find myself writing this blog. I could go into how much I am looking forward to seeing our kids or how difficult it is to leave my family, but I have blogged about that many times over the past 2 years so I am not going to make that my focus here. Instead, I am going to write a really short blog and ask you to pray for all that is going on with All Things New and to try to direct your prayers toward a couple of upcoming specific things:
- Our Annual Jacksonville Fundraiser is coming up this Friday March 31 from 7:00-8:30 at Christ’s Church. Please, if you have not yet registered for this event, click here to link to our registration page. This event is extremely important for ATN and our ability to continue to minister effectively.
- Please continue to pray for the organizational changes occurring as we recruit new board members, form committees, ask people to take new roles in the organization, and ensure that ATN is operating at the highest capacity possible. (our next board meeting is April 23)
- Pray for the 2 teams coming down from LaGrange next week as the school system is having Spring Break. We have a lot of new people coming down and we look forward to seeing how they will get involved in the ministry of All Things New.
- Pray for me as I leave my wife, 2 month old son, and 17 month old daughter at home. More importantly, pray for my wife as she handles everything here (the truth is that I will get more sleep in Haiti over the next 2 weeks than either of us have gotten since Elijah was born).
- Pray for the future of All Things New as we continue to pursue new areas of ministry and specifically as we look into job creation and discipleship as the vision of ATN expands.
I am excited to see what GOD does over the next few days, weeks, and months as we continue to strive to worship Jesus Christ in everything that we do. Since we will be in the states a little more regularly over the next few weeks and months, please feel free to contact me if you would like to meet up and discuss what is going on in our ministry. We want to always make sure all of our supporters know what they are supporting and sometimes a face-to-face meeting is best!