The Importance of Giving Tuesday 2023
This has been a hard year for Haiti and for All Things New. We have lessened expenses and tried to streamline our organization, but with inflation as high as 50% over the past two years and the danger in the streets every day, one of the ways we are struggling the most is financially. We need your help, and one of the best ways you can help is by participating in Giving Tuesday!
This year, it does not look like Facebook is matching donations, but that is ok! Statistics show that people are 84% more likely to give if their donation is matched and 51% of those who are already giving would give more to a matching donation.
In the past, Facebook has matched funds up to $7 million per year for nonprofits, and we have been the beneficiary of some of those matches as well as the benefits of more people donating because their funds are matched. This year, rather than donating to nonprofits, Facebook is making it easier for influencers to gain subscriptions and make money.
What that means is that we need your help even more!
Here are the ways you can help All Things New on Giving Tuesday:
1. Give! This is the obvious answer, but it is incredibly important for us this year as expenses continue to mount and donations continue to drop. Whether you give through Facebook, on our website through our donation processor Kindful, through PayPal, or by sending a check (PO Box 54838, Jacksonville, FL 32245), we want to make this Giving Tuesday our best yet!
2. Create a Facebook Fundraiser! Even without the matching funds, this is one of the best ways to help us raise money and to bring awareness to our organization. If you create a fundraiser and then share it, more people learn about ATN and have the opportunity to give. If you are planning on giving, doing so on your Facebook fundraiser is also a way to be the example for your friends/family and maybe they will follow suit. To create a fundraiser, follow these steps:
- Click this link: https://www.facebook.com/fund/allthingsneworphanage/
- Follow the instructions on the left side of the page by setting a reasonable goal and letting people know about All Things New.
- Make sure that the fundraiser is active through at least November 29 (the day after)!
- Click "create" at the bottom of the page.
- This is Important: Click the "Share" button and make sure you let all of your friends and family know about Giving Tuesday. Share as often as you want, but especially on Monday the 27th and Tuesday the 28th...Invite your friends to participate in the fundraiser!
The bottom line is that this is an important day for All Things New, and we hope you will join us in making it one of our best!
Thanks in advance, and please let me know if you have any questions.