I hope this email/blog finds everyone doing well. The last couple of weeks, as far as All Things New is concerned, have been relatively slow. The kids are in school, our older boys have been competing in an inter-school soccer tournament, and no news is good news in terms of vehicle or home repairs! We really appreciate and covet your prayers, so please feel free to reach out to me any time you want to know more about what is going on or want specifics for prayer.
As far as Haiti is concerned, things have not gotten any better, and without piling on to a situation that has remained difficult, we still do not see a time soon that we will get to go back down as a family much less bring teams down. We also ask for your continued prayers for Haiti. It remains a place that we love and miss and think about daily.
Today I wanted to present an opportunity to any of you who are involved in a church that will be doing a VBS this year. We would love for you to consider All Things New as your "Missions Partner" for the week where you could share about our ministry with the kids and volunteers when you are doing the "Missions Specific" time of the day. Here are some possibilities:
- We could offer any information, pictures, videos, etc. that you could use during the week to show the kids what Haiti is like.
- If your church is in either LaGrange or Jacksonville, and if the scheduling works out, we have volunteers who could come by your church during the event and offer firsthand testimonies of our ministry.
- If you are in another city, a Zoom call or other video conference would work as well.
The bottom line is that the younger our children are when they learn about their mission in life, the better. We take care of kids, try to provide jobs, and do other things as part of our ministry, but the main thing is Jesus. His Mission for us is to "Go and Make Disciples" and that is the mission of every child's life in your church.
We would love the opportunity to pour into your children's ministry in that way if that is something that you are interested in, please let me know by contacting me in any of these ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 904-673-0350
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allthingsneworphanage